Are you looking for a cab on the island of Saint-Martin? We have gathered all the information you need to book a cab easily and confidently, whether you are a tourist or a local.
Dutch part (Sint Maarten) :
Cabs on the island of St. Maarten are not metered, so it is essential to know the fares and to ask for them before boarding. Here are the cab rates on the Dutch part of the island, to help you prepare your trip:
- Princess Juliana International Airport in Simpson Bay: $10 before the bridge, after the bridge $15
- Princess Juliana International Airport in Philipsburg: $20 and Bobby’s Marina: $25
- Princess Juliana International Airport to Dawn Beach: $40
- Princess Juliana International Airport in Marigot: $20 and Concordia or Sandy Ground: $25
- Princess Juliana International Airport in Grand Case, Baie Orientale, Anse Marcel: $45
- Princess Juliana International Airport in Maho: $10
- Marigot to Grand Case: $20 Anse Marcel $25
- Philipsburg to Grand Case or Anse Marcel: $35
- Philipsburg to Marigot: $20
- Philipsburg to East Bay: $30
- Baie Orientale to Grand Case: $15 Anse Marcel $20
- Orient Bay to Simpson Bay: $45
These fares are based on two passengers. For each additional passenger, expect to pay between $5 and $15 more, depending on the destination. From 3 people, the price per person varies between $4 and $18, depending on the distance to the destination.
One piece of luggage per person is allowed free of charge, each additional piece costs between $2 and $4, depending on size.
Please note that rates are 25% higher between 10pm and midnight and 6% higher between midnight and 5am.
To book a cab, you can join the WhatsApp group of the Dutch part cab dispatcher using the following number: +1 721-586-5015 or by clicking the button below:
French part (Saint-Martin) :
Cabs in the French part of the island are not metered either, but they follow an established fare schedule. Unfortunately, we don’t have detailed information about the rates on the French side nor a valid number in 2023 for a cab service. Nevertheless, you can ask locals, hotel employees or other travelers for information on local cab services.
VTC services such as Uber:
It is important to note that VTC services such as Uber, Lyft and others are not available in St. Martin. Because of the dependence of many local residents on income generated by working as a cab driver, the island has chosen not to allow these services to protect the local cab industry. Therefore, be sure to rely on local cabs for your travels on the island, and follow the tips mentioned above to book a cab with confidence and safety.
General tips for booking a cab on the island of Saint-Martin :
- Always ask for the price in advance.
- Do not hesitate to negotiate the price if you are in a group.
- Make sure the driver has a government-issued fare sheet, as required by local law.
- If you need a receipt, be sure to ask the driver for one.
Cabs are usually available at airport exits, near hotels, popular beaches and tourist attractions. If you have trouble finding one, ask your hotel staff for help.
If you prefer to book a cab in advance, you can use the phone number provided for the Dutch side(+1 721-586-5015) and ask the locals or hotel staff for information on local cab services for the French side.
Although Sint Maarten is a small island, cab fares may vary slightly between Dutch and French cabs. However, all cabs serve the whole island.
Finally, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if you have had a bad experience with a cab. We want to make sure that your stay on the island of St. Martin is enjoyable and worry-free.
We hope this information will help you book a cab with confidence during your stay on the island of St. Martin. Enjoy your stay and discover all that this beautiful island has to offer! *Please note that the rates mentioned are subject to change over time. It is always advisable to check current fares with cab drivers or local authorities before boarding.